Membership opens doors to The Museum’s most charismatic scientists who play leadership roles in the Club’s exclusive program of expeditions and events. The Club’s aim is to both entertain and inform, sometimes in remote locations but civilised conditions are the objective.
Unique expeditions and travel
Expeditions can take members to unusual and beautiful locations, chosen for their scientific interest and often gained through The Museum’s privileged access. Learning to see the world through the eyes of The Museum’s scientists can be a transforming experience.
Other Club expeditions take you, in the company of scientists, to remote locations for collection building; or to world class fossil sites providing the thrill of personally recovering a fossil that has not seen the light of day for millions of years.
Club practice seeks to find seats for those who choose not to drive and professional camp managers provide comfort and excellent menus.
The Club also offers focused occasions with the scientists including in-house talks, studies in the collection and day or weekend expeditions to nearby locations.
Like to name a new species?
The purchase of naming rights for newly discovered species was pioneered by the Club. This opportunity occurs only occasionally. Please enquire about the next opportunity from the office.
There is more!
- Exclusive invitations to Club expedition and events
- Curator hosted tours of Museum Exhibitions
- Viewing of Museum treasures not normally on display
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop and Café
- Receiving the Club’s’ program with updates
- Members without access to the web receive paper mail-outs.
- Members have reciprocal benefits with museums across Australia.
Please click here for a print-and-post-membership-form